Andaman, the archipelago of 572 islands is immensely hypnotizing. The strike of colonization, tsunami, war- nothing has disintegrated the spirit of exhilarating and captivating Andaman. It is the only place in India that can sand up to tough competition to Maldives and Seychelles. Andaman is notorious for some of the most pristine beaches, diving spots, primitive cultures and mesmerizing history.
1. Scuba Diving and Snorkelling: The scuba diving and snorkelling is one of the most exciting events that the Island provides. You have picked the excellent place to live the dream, if you have desired to delve into the zestful sea that abides in the luminous aqua green waters. Barefoot Scuba Resort on Havelock Island is the best destination for all the Scuba lovers. image credit:wakayama-kanko.or.jp
2. Visit the Cellular Jail Memorial: Based at Port Blair, Cellular Jail is formerly known as “Kaala Paani” (Black Waters”. The significance of India’s fight for independence is understood by visiting the Jail, even though it sounds dark and depressing. This was operated by the British as a Colonial prison for political prisoners. It is accessible from Tuesday-Sunday from 8:45 am to 12:30 pm, and 1:30 pm to 5 pm. Admission cost are Rs. 10. However, extra fee is to be paid for using cameras and video cams. image credit: leenatravels.com
3. Trekking in Madhuban: The profuse and delightful green vegetations, innumerable native flora and fauna and eye-catching natural beauty make Madhuban an ultimate delight for adventure seeker. The perfect trekking routes in the country are that from Mount Harriet to Madhuban. The Mount Harriet is the highest peak in the Island and is most popular. It is based a short ferry ride from Chatham Harbor in Port Blair. image credit: worldinfobazar.com
4. Relax at Radhanagar Beach: Radhanagar Beach, the beguiling and serene place to rejuvenate, is the abode to Asia’s most alluring beaches. The aqua green waters and immaculate white beaches is comprehensively peaceful and is famous as Beach No.7. The waves smashing at the shore can be heard throughout the day. If you want to get rid of the stress then simply saunter on the fascinating beach for few days. image credit: washindia.com
5. Explore the Mahatma Gandhi National Marine Park: The abode of some ravishing coral reefs and other sea life, the Mahatma Gandhi National Park is situated in Wandoor, a small village about 30 kilometers from Port Blair. The amazing day trip from Port Blair to the Islands of Jolly Buoy and Red Skin are open to tourists. image credit: tripadvisor.in
6. The Chatham Saw Mill: A long bridge connects the Chatham Island to mainland Port Blair. It is the dwelling place to one of the oldest sawmills in Asia. As you get closer to Island, the wood aromatic breeze welcomes you and there is a dreamlike sense of nostalgia. Beautiful wooden relics are available to behold if you visit the Forest Museum. image credit: tourmet.com
7. Sea walking at North Bay Island: Sea Walking? Yes, that’s correct. North Bay Island is one of the most popular sea-walk sites, where you can say hello to the mesmerizing school of fish by easily walking under water. North Bay has great spots with coral reefs and there are adequate lifeguards and trained experts to make your walk safe and enjoyable by equipping you in special accessories that you essential to wear for your safety.image credit: trip.experienceandamans.com
8. Bird Watching in Chidiya Tapu: Located at the distance of 25 kilometer from Port Blair, Chidiya Tapu is a tiny village that serves as an abode to hundreds of species of birds. If you love bird watching, then this is a must-explore destination. While you visit the parakeets, emerald doves, sea eagles and various other birds, you can spend a few hours in unconditional serenity listening to the bird calls. image credit: traveltriangle.com
9. Do a Museum Circuit: Museums are a great medium to get a glance into the past in these Islands that are immersed in history. You can visit the Anthropological Museum, apart from the Forest Museum in order to have insights into the lives of the primitive tribes and Samudrika Naval Museum in Port Blair. image credit: tourismecentreduquebec.com
10. Indulge in Water Sports: You have variety of activities to choose from for the adranaline rush in the Andamans. Immaculate water sport complexes are available in Port Blair, whether its parasailing, windsurfing, kayaking or water-skiing. The most notorious one is Andaman Water Sports. image credit: makemytrip.com
Conclusion:Hence Andaman is an amazing gateway for rejuvenation form the exasperating life. It is an ideal place to behold the glorious seas and extensive beaches that yield unconditional serenity.